Message view

D-Tek \"Earth Techno

average...

Author:

Darc Angelo

Time:

03.01.2004 10:59

Text:

once again we have a "full-on" release that isn't really a full-on release... it has little sounds here and there, a loud bassline, but nothing more... no melodies and no climaxes. So why is it general tradition to call this "full-on"? I really don't know... A good example is the track Videodrome which has a sample going over and over again "Going insane". So you'd expect it to be a killer insane track, right? Well no, it's not, it's just as average as the other tracks. I like the sample "We're about to take you into the world of the LSD user" in the track LSD User, which is the same as one used in one of my fave gabber tracks of all times (Juggernaut - World of an LSD user). However the sample is the only good thing about the track... I gather that if the artist would've actually taken some LSD in his life he would've probably done something more creative here. There are only 2 tracks I find above average. The last one: Earthquake, which has a little climax. Does this entitle it to it's name, "Earthquake"? well, no, but at least it has a bit more energy than the other tracks... El Santo Pt. 2 is also a little better than the other tracks, but still I wouldn't sell my soul for it...

So, yet again, an album that has nothing bad in it, but nothing really special either... 6/10

Message threads

Topic: Author:
Time:
Message  average...
Darc Angelo 03.01.2004 10:59  

Get Relaxed Journeys! New album 
from 
Chilltribe 
Relaxed 
Journeys 
Get Quality Relaxation! Get your 
Quality